Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW second time around?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW second time around?

So I sent off GW's to CC agencies that had a couple of lates on them. Success on one, score! However Chase has come back with a 'sorry, can't help' letter. I'll send another GW off, not letting this get me down. I'm wondering though, in the second GW, should I acknowledge the first letter, or just re-send the first letter, and hope it goes to someone different (and hopefully more sympathetic). For those of you who had success with a follow-up GW, what was your letter like? Thanks
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW second time around?

Hi. I'm new here and keep seeing the term, "GW". What does that mean?
Message 2 of 16
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Nessa, read this thread.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=Welcome&thread.id=23

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, thanks. So in this particular case, it's like -- I am asking the cc company to delete the late fees as a gesture of "good will"? Would they do that?
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The fees are not a big as the actual late-
I would pay $500 to get a late removed.

Vanessa07 wrote:
Okay, thanks. So in this particular case, it's like -- I am asking the cc company to delete the late fees as a gesture of "good will"? Would they do that?

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you mean that you are asking them, in "good will", to remove the "late" on your credit report? The actual fee is not so important?
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO- yes

Vanessa07 wrote:
So you mean that you are asking them, in "good will", to remove the "late" on your credit report? The actual fee is not so important?

Message 7 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

A fee is a fee. You pay it, it's done. The late payment on your credit report will display for 7 more years. The hurt on your scores does fade with time, but on a manual review for a car loan or mortgage, for instance, you will have to explain all about it.

As Timothy said, hands down removing the late is far more important than getting your late fee back.

I know that you've read the GW thread, time for Credit Scoring 101! Smiley Wink

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=2654

Timothy has an actual link on his siggy called RTC101T.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So will they remove the late on your credit report if you send the GW letter?
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to get off topic, but I'm curious about the original question as well......
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.