Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW to GMAC

tag
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

GW to GMAC

I sent out a gw today to gmac.  There were 3 late payments over a 5 year period, because of being stationed in Guam on active duty.  Upon return to the USA, sent GMAC all payments that were past due, which also resulted in a charge off, and paid the loan off, and got the title for the car loan.  GMAC sent a nice thank you letter for doing business with them, and paying off the loan. This was back in Nov 2005.  They are reporting the charge off on all 3 credit reports, so I sent a goodwill to them today.  I will keep everyone posted as to the results, as it will show me exactly how much they appreciated the business, as their thank you letter stated whenever the loan was paid in full.  I also included, with the gw letter, the thank you letter that they had sent when the loan was paid in full. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW to GMAC

I say you have a good chance of getting the charge-off changed.
Good luck.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do not hear within 30 days or see it drop from CR. Send another GW. If you can send to a superviser. Make sure that you state plainly.... Im sorry for late  payments but as I was in the ARMY-AIR FORCE etc.... on ACTIVE DUTY  and stationed out of the country,I was unable to communicate with you at that time. When I returned I made full payments and paid off account.

I would appreceate (spelling) it if you would remove the late pmts & CO from my CR.

Good Luck on the letter that you sent!!!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-27-2007 08:54 AM
Message 3 of 6
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

I did mention in the GW letter that I was on active duty in Guam, and it was paid in full, so we will see what happens.  I'm really keeping my fingers crossed.  After all, this was while I was in active duty, fighting for this country.  Hopefully, GMAC is patriotic, and take sympathy on me! 
Maybe, I should have included a copy of my certificate showing I participated in Operation ENDURING FREEDOM.  Oh well, letter is already in the mail.  I will keep all of you posted, and thanks for the good wishes!
Message 4 of 6
Platinum25
New Contributor

PLEASE keep us posted....I am VERY interested to hear the outcome of this.  I have a couple lates with them from years ago and have had PLENTY of always on-time accounts with them since, so I want to see if I stand a chance to GW those off my CR.

Thanks.
Message 5 of 6
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Definitely will, because if they do not forgive somebody on active duty at the time of the lates, then I can't see them forgiving anybody.  Especially since upon return to USA, everything got caught up and paid off.  My friend seems to think they will not.  We will see.  Also, if they do not even acknowledge my letter, I will make it  very well known to all friends and family members, or anybody that I come in contact with, to not do business with this company.  Whatever results I get, I will keep you all posted.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.