cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW to VW Credit? Anyone had a good outcome?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

GW to VW Credit? Anyone had a good outcome?

has anyone ever sent a GW to VW Credit? What address did you use? How did they respond? What was your account history like?

Im thinking about doing this BUT dont think i have a real good chance. (about 8 late payments)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW to VW Credit? Anyone had a good outcome?

I sent to GW to VW Credit. I found two different addresses -- one by calling up VW Credit and asking for their customer service department. Then I was looking through these forums and linked over to PFB, where I was able to find a corporate headquarters address (in Michigan), and I recently (two weeks ago) sent a GW letter over there.

I haven't heard word back from either attempts, and there's been no adjustment on my credit file (at least on TU). I plan to send two more GW (to each address) and see what happens, but I'll be filing disputes that I was never late... when technically I wasn't, as I pushed the loans to the end of the term PER THEIR SUGGESTION to avoid further collections.

It could be that their internal policy prohibits GW, but it doesn't hurt them and I paid the loan off in full as agreed, no settlement or anything.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.