Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Credit Topics Discussion Guidelines

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

General Credit Topics Discussion Guidelines

This message board is provided for the discussion of a wide range of credit-related topics, such as  credit reporting, personal finances, and ID theft, to name a few.

Make sure to check out the Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines before you post!

Message Edited by Raine on 01-13-2009 12:19 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Which board to post on? General Credit Issues vs Rebuilding Your Credit

With the recent addition of the Rebuilding Your Credit board, there's been a lot of confusion as to where to start your post. I'm still muddling through this in my head, but essentially, Rebuilding is for helping you figure out what to do with uglies on your credit reports, while Gen Cred is now for questions about credit in general, what your possible credit goals might be, identity theft, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, what goes into your credit report, what goes into your credit score, and so forth.

Here are some for-instances that might help:

Rebuilding Your Credit

- a collection just hit my report, and I have no idea what this account is
- I have a bunch of lates; what's GW and PFD?
- the same account is being reported twice, by the OC and by the CA
- I disputed with the CRA's, but it came back validated

General Credit Issues

- just out of bankruptcy and starting over again: what should I aim for with my credit?
- what's a fraud alert vs a freeze?
- are inqs that big a deal?
- help! I've re-aged my history
- what's a credit bucket?
- how do I update my TrueCredit report???
- FICO's vs FAKO's

We're not trying to be fussy about where posts go. The advantage of starting your post on the right board is that you are more likely to find members who can help you with your specific questions. Hope this helps!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Which board to post on? General Credit Issues vs Rebuilding Your Credit

For anyone who has added on to a thread that started before the boards got rearranged in late May, and you're wondering where the heck it has now gone, please look over on Rebuilding Your Credit, its probable new home.

When we move a thread, a post called a "placeholder" is created. These are the ones you see with the big curved green arrow that are locked. They have the link to the thread's new home. But the placeholder goes to the date that the thread was initially started, so it might easily be buried 30 screens back.

Most threads that are moved off of General Credit Issues go to Rebuilding, so take a look over there. If it was recently moved, it will be near the top, with the small green arrow on the folder symbol indicating that you have posted on it.

Sorry--we aren't trying to confuse you with this; we just need to get threads in the right place so that you can get the best responses.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.