Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a score with an AU account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generating a score with an AU account

Hello! My wife is trying to build her credit (she had none when we got married and we got her first CC in January) and my question is, since I added her to one of  my CC's as an authorized user a score is generated via the myfico subscription. Now since she generates a score there will lenders see a score generated as well?

Thanks!

Robbie

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Generating a score with an AU account

Yes, it takes a certain amount of months of reporting if she had no credit at all, but if you get a report from myFICO, the lenders can see the same report.

I built credit for my wife like this.  Her report consists of mostly authorized user accounts and one joint account.  Her credit score is fantastic!

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess my real question is, I added her only a month ago but on her report it gave her the full age of the account. So does this fact mean that the 6 month requirement is fulfilled?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw on other threads where people couldn't pull a score via myfico because they had no credit, that's what confuses me since I was able to pull her score.

Message 4 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When she was added as AU it was instant history.  That is why she got a score.  If it was a brand new CC, it would have taken 6 months to generate a FICO score.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So lenders should also pull a score? Sorry, I'm kinda new to this stuff.

Message 6 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, if you (she) could get a score here on myfico, a lender can get a score.  Keep in mind that there are different versions of FICO and they differ.  What your lender pulls could be higher or lower than the one from here.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I thought was what was going on but wanted someone to confirm who knows more than me lol. We are in the middle of building a house and will have to have our scores repulled when we close. Currently they were going to use nontraditional credit but now I don't think they will have to.

Message 8 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah we are not applying for anything right now which is why I was trying the AU method.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.