cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia Power Collection Account- The dates don't make sense!?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Georgia Power Collection Account- The dates don't make sense!?!?

I have a Georgia Power Collection Account.  (It was never sent to a separate collection agency - stayed in collections with GA Pwr)  It was for an apartment that I moved from in July 2002.  For whatever reason I didn't leave my forwarding address and wasn't keeping on top of things and it just happened.   In March 2005 I finally got around to paying it off.   Made one lump sum payment.  Now it is on my Equifax credit report as a 120 day late in August 2005.   This is the only date showing a late pay in the payment history.   It shows the date opened as June 1998 which is right but shouldn't the late pay be showing up as July or August of 2002 since this is when the late pay actually happened? 

Any help is appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Georgia Power Collection Account- The dates don't make sense!?!?

Sounds like it was reaged.
Message 2 of 5
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Try GW..and if they say "no" GW again, repeat these steps until you get your "yes"Smiley Wink

Best of Luck!
takin' it one day at a time
Message 3 of 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

The dates don't sound accurate, I would dispute it.  If they update it correctly instead of removing it, GW letter.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute (and let them verify or correct)  what is the DOFD/Drop off date?  If that is in 20012 then they did re-age (not legal to do so).  If it has been re-ageD use that as leverage to get them to remove (won't sue if they take it off).  You may be seeing DOLA (which would be correct) as long as the fall off hasn't changed from 7 years from the original Aug/Sept date in 2002.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.