Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get stuff off your report prior to 7 years/Other helpful tips

tag
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

Re: Get stuff off your report prior to 7 years/Other helpful tips

devhip wrote:
Good work! Good advice, except that I wouldn't really recommend "calling" creditors. When you call, nothing is binding, nor do you have any documentation. Plus, just by virtue of calling the likelihood of speaking with anyone that has the authority to make an actual change to your file is slim. It's better to do it all in writing....whether it be regular mail, certified mail, email or fax. Same concept, same result, just a different approach.

I agree, i just sent out 9 of them by mail yesterday. It took me about an hour to get all the info and a standard letter written.
Made copies of each one and signed the originals. Also saved each letter in word format.

BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 11 of 13
MrSpock

What I want to know is who is responsible for proving the DOFD?  I know these two accounts are older than 7.5 years, but I have no way to prove it...
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

MrSpock wrote:
What I want to know is who is responsible for proving the DOFD?  I know these two accounts are older than 7.5 years, but I have no way to prove it...

See my response here.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.