Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting CC's to report to frozen CRA

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Getting CC's to report to frozen CRA

I had forgot that my Experian report was frozen while I apped for my two recent approvals. In order to get them to report I need to unfreeze my Experian correct? Once they report, am I able to refreeze it and they will continue to update each month? I tried searching to no avail. Thanks guys and gals!

Personal:

Business:

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting CC's to report to frozen CRA

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I had forgot that my Experian report was frozen while I apped for my two recent approvals. In order to get them to report I need to unfreeze my Experian correct? Once they report, am I able to refreeze it and they will continue to update each month? I tried searching to no avail. Thanks guys and gals!

They can still report to it if it's frozen.

Message 2 of 6
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

They can still report to it if it's frozen.

Even if an Inquiry was never pulled? I definitely want to make sure I get positive reporting out of these two accounts on my EX until I app again.

Personal:

Business:

Message 3 of 6
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Yes, freezing your report has no impact on someone reporting to it.  It just affects people pulling it and reviewing it.

Also, which report is pulled doesn't really impact what report a tradeline is reported to.  They can pull one and report to all 3.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 4 of 6
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@redbeard wrote:

Yes, freezing your report has no impact on someone reporting to it.  It just affects people pulling it and reviewing it.

Also, which report is pulled doesn't really impact what report a tradeline is reported to.  They can pull one and report to all 3.

Dan

Thanks for that info Dan. I was familiar with the pulling of one and reporting to 3. I just didn't know if that changed with it being frozen.

So basically I have nothing to worry about and don't have to do anything? Thanks everyone!

Personal:

Business:

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I had forgot that my Experian report was frozen while I apped for my two recent approvals. In order to get them to report I need to unfreeze my Experian correct? Once they report, am I able to refreeze it and they will continue to update each month? I tried searching to no avail.

Did you try referencing the Experian site on freezes?

https://www.experian.com/freeze/center.html

If you click on Security Freeze Exceptions on that page you'll see:

Placing a "security freeze" on your credit report prohibits us from releasing any information in your credit report without your express authorization, except to those with whom you have an existing account or a collection agency acting on behalf of the existing account, for purposes of reviewing (account maintenance, monitoring, credit line increases and account upgrades and enhancements) or collecting the account.

You would need to remove/lift the freeze for new applications but not for creditors with established relationships to report.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.