Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Good TL Deleted?

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Getting a Good TL Deleted?

Has anyone had success in removing a good TL from their report? I stupidly opened an account and closed it within two weeks. I could always re-open it but would rather not. Can it be done or just impossible? I figured a GW letter is needed but not sure what to say? Please extend a goodwill gesture by deleting this account off of my CR - maybe?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Getting a Good TL Deleted?

You can try, but I've seen others try with little success. I'd reopen and it'll help more than hurt down the road with most, if not all, of the negative effects gone within a year.

Message 2 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I'm going to try tomorrow and hope for the best. I'll post my results. Thanks.

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you attempt to reopen the account, make sure they use the original opening date of the account.  If not, you will be hit with a new account with zero age.

Message 4 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Took a while but I faxed a letter to HSBC Credit Bureau Team and they called me a week later. They submitted the request to delete the account off all three.

Message 5 of 9
Guava
Established Contributor

Nice going! What exactly did you say in your letter?

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Basically that I opened the account in error and having one TL report for a decade opened and closed within a month would adversely impact my credit standing and to please delete the account. I said please and appreciate often. I also pointed out that HSBC and other lenders have even deleted accurate negative info for people, so to please delete this positive account for me.

Message 7 of 9
Guava
Established Contributor

Cool! Thanks for replying to my question Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to give this a shot with Cap1 next week..

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.