Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a credit card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting a credit card.

Finance Globe was a great tool. The best interest rate was Capitol One wanting a score of 650...mine is 646. Should I try to get it?  Is the system computerized and thus, I will get declined?

Thanks!

Ann Marie
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anna, those numbers are just guides. If you don't have a BK or a lot of other baddies you can apply for others also...I think your score would get you Delta sky. if you don't have BK.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I have no BK's.  Is Delta or Capitol One better?  Other than interest rate and options....what else should I be looking at?? Smiley Happy

Ann Marie
Message 13 of 20
future
Frequent Contributor

annab13 wrote:
Thanks, I have no BK's.  Is Delta or Capitol One better?  Other than interest rate and options....what else should I be looking at?? Smiley Happy

Ann Marie

delta is better..... Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most look at cap 1 as a sub-prime ccc. Amex delta sky is a prime card.  Many have been approved for this card with lower scores than yours.
Message 15 of 20
inzaghi
Valued Member

I have a credit score lower than yours and I got a Delta skymiles,BLue and starwoods card in the last two months.. So I say go ahead and apply for Delta skymiles firsts and then do the BLue thing Good luck!!
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Most look at cap 1 as a sub-prime ccc. Amex delta sky is a prime card. Many have been approved for this card with lower scores than yours.

The score required to be approved is what defines a card as prime or subprime. CapOne accounts vary widely - for example, my DW's CapOne has a 25K CL and 9.90 APR, definitely prime. A minimum required FICO score of 650 would also denote a card as prime. The Amex Delta has been approved for scores in the 590s, definitely subprime.

That said, many people have been able to quickly upgrade their Amex Delta to Blue, which would be considered prime.

I wouldn't get too hung up with prime/subprime designations. Annab13 - apply for the card(s) that you think you can get approved for, with features or rates that you like, and progress from there. 650 is a score that should give you a number of options. Checking credit pull databases is a good move. If you haven't already, you could also look at http://www.whogavemecredit.com

Good luck.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks this was a great site as well.  I will look at the offers in more detail and make a decision.  However, I noticed most cards have a annual fee?  I have never had a card with a fee ...is the fee normal?  Delta Sky Miles is about $30-*89 annual fee. Smiley Surprised
Message 18 of 20
jbryant710
Valued Member

They usually waive the first year's fee and after activation you can convert it to a Blue Cash with no annual fee.  Good luck!
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!  I got a roomstore cc with a limit of $3,500 and was added to my husbands account on his Visa and my score went up to a 666.  Not bad.

Thanks,

Ann Marie

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.