cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting info re new CRA entry (may be very old parking ticket)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting info re new CRA entry (may be very old parking ticket)

I have been provided credit monitoring service due to compromised personal information. Just got email of new entry from unknown agency of new account being opened for $55 in one of CRA's, TU. Scared heck out of me as I thought here we go for identity theft in action.

But, thanks to this forum, very much thanks, it turns out it is the same CA recently dinging others for very old parking tickets. see thread:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=57691

I do have old parking ticket which is now 8 years, 9 months old. But I have never heard before from this CA ever in the past. A different CA sent me notice for same amount in 2003/2004.

So, first question is do I have to file with TU for a copy of my credit report or can I just (somehow) ask them to tell me who/what this entry is about since I know it is there from my credit monitoring service.

Another question is what to do if it turns out it is for the original ticket but with this new agency. If it is, I will likely see if they will do a PFD. Original ticket does still show, and could be paid directly to OC, dc gov, via online system, but debt may stay on credit report. I could also, I guess, contest reporting as beyond reporting time frame since more than 7 years since default judgement.

(I never got any notice from OC, dc gov, way back in 1999. I should have contested other CA notice with DV in 2003 but didn't. Found the original ticket in mid 2006 but by then it appeared it was way old and turned out nothing was on credit report.)

Appreciate any help. This forum and people on it appear very helpful. Just putting a name to "new account" agency from forum here helped me to think, hopefully, that I am not victim of identity theft. That would be far worse than old parking ticket, and unfortunately remains a possibility due to compromise of my personal information.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.