Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting reports every month is getting tooo expensive

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting reports every month is getting tooo expensive

I have been pulling 2-6 reports through MyFico every month, and its getting to be expensive. My idea had been to pull from one agency each month for my wife and myself. Since I’m actively working on the scores for both of us, and I’m a bit too anxious to wait for them, I have ordered as many as 6 at $15 per shot that’s as high as $90 per month. That’s just too high.

So, I know some use things like ScoreWatch, but that’s just Equifax, right? TrueCredit offers all three for $15/month, but they are FAKO, right? What is everyone using, and like? Along with that, I see some people are tracking FAKO scores. Why? It seems pointless.

Any input welcome.

TBR
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting reports every month is getting tooo expensive

I tried the True Credit's 3 in 1 and hated it.  Didn't like how it looked when it listed the other two with it, things didn't match up in terms payment history etc, even the Fako scores were much different,  

For just the TransUnion, I love the true credit but for the other two, I found it to be a waste of money.
Message 2 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

TBR- wrote:
I have been pulling 2-6 reports through MyFico every month, and its getting to be expensive. My idea had been to pull from one agency each month for my wife and myself. Since I’m actively working on the scores for both of us, and I’m a bit too anxious to wait for them, I have ordered as many as 6 at $15 per shot that’s as high as $90 per month. That’s just too high.

So, I know some use things like ScoreWatch, but that’s just Equifax, right? TrueCredit offers all three for $15/month, but they are FAKO, right? What is everyone using, and like? Along with that, I see some people are tracking FAKO scores. Why? It seems pointless.

Any input welcome.

TBR

I use TC (via Chase IP) to track what is happening to my reports and the changes etc.  I ignore the scores other than as indication of trends.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 7
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Now, since I'm actively trying to improve my credit score in preparation for borrowing, I am purchasing Scorewatch.  Before you order google "myfico promotional code" and you should be able to find some good discount codes --as much as 25% off any MyFICO purchase. 

In addition, I signed up for Privacy Matters 123 (which is affiliated w/ Truecredit I believe).  They had a deal going where if you signed up, called and canceled you could get a year of your 3-in-1 credit reports (unlimited pulls) for like $29.  Search "privacy matters" on the forums, you'll be able to find the pertinent discussion.  Be ware that you will get FAKOs w/ this service, but it's a good way to monitor when changes are made to your report.  That way, you know WHEN to pull your FICOs.  Although, once you have ScoreWatch you'll generally know what's happening to your FICO scores. 

Message Edited by Ausfarm on 12-04-2007 01:00 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input everyone.

More suggestions welcome.

TBR
Message 5 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditkeeper for me - only 1 report every 30 days (tri-merge) but for me that is enough.... 9.99 per month (1 month free trial too)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.