cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting your 28 FICO scores from myFICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting your 28 FICO scores from myFICO?

@Revelate wrote:

This seems like a lot of work to save $30.

I don't follow you.

This involves spending $30 for 1 month of a myFICO membership.

And, over the cost of an annual membership, would save $330, as you're paying for 1 month instead of 12.

The only "work" in my view is cancelling your membership after starting it, unless there's something I'm missing here?  

EDIT:  CGID, quick to the trigger as your reply beat mine by 2 min!  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 18
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

A 3B report can be purchased as an individual report not associated with any type of monitoring product. In that case there is nothing to cancel. Unfortunately, the one time purchase is typically more than $30.

A few notes:

1) You can get both Auto and Home insurance scores free through CK - I provided a link for that previously. Not sure if it still works given the redesign.

2) CreditXpert scores and a nice suite of CRA comparision features are available through a $1 PrivacyGuard 14 day trial.

3) For the Full Monty - purchase your LexisNexis CBIS Auto & Property scores.

4) Get your EX VS3 score through credit.com. In addition to a VS3 score, the site gives you an Experian National Equivalence score. NE is the prominent score, you have to expand the view to see your VS3 score.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not quite sure why someone would purchase a 1 time report for more money if they could just purchase a membership and cancel it immediately, thus basically turning it into a 1 time report for a lesser price.  The only exception to this thought process for me would be if the 1 time report somehow provided more in some way (scores, data, service, etc) than a membership, but that would be quite counterproductive business wise.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can imagine paying for the more expensive 1-time report if it were only a tiny bit more expensive.  We know that the myFICO Ultimate costs $30/mo.  If the report cost $31 I'd probably buy it -- since in this case I am purchasing the right not to be bothered with the cancellation later.

But the 1-time report in fact costs $60.

Curiously, if I read it right, you actually get a bit more with the Ultimate.  For example, you get the capacity to "Detect threats to your personal information with intelligent identity theft monitoring."  I think the ID theft report does not come with the standalone 1-time product.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, twice the price for arguably less?  I'll pass.

Honestly, this same issue is the #1 reason I've done CCT $1 trials over a "real" monthly membership.  A monthly membership only gets you your scores and 3B reports once per month for $30, where that can be accomplished twice with a single $1 trial, or four times with two $1 trials (weekly updates).

Monthly 3B reports and scores for $30 every month, or weekly 3B reports and scores for $2 that I can get some months if I want them and opt not to other months if I don't want them.  This fact has always made it nearly impossible for me to consider a "real" monthly membership with CCT and would probably be the reason I would never consider a 1-time report from myFICO.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since MyFico does update scores quarterly, couldn't you just purhcase the first month let it go and cancel right before the 30 days and then just renew you membership every 3 months and get your scores again then cancel again?

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could.  But it's not clear how many times you could do that without myFICO eventually noticing.  That's why I do not do that any more often than once every 13 months. 

The other reason I don't do that is that it would cost $120 per year.  I do the signup-cancellation thing about once every 18 months on average.  So that works out to about $20 per year.  There are methods of getting your reports and FICO scores every month that cost nothing, so in general I don't have much of a need for a service like the myFICO Ultimate.  I got it this spring because I might buy a house this fall and because I had never seen my FICO 9 scores before.  The time before then was July 2015.)

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm just really curious about my other scores.  Many of them like FICO 09 that CGID just spoke of I have never seen.  I'm all over my FICO 08s of course with many sources that provide those.  All those other scores though like mortgage, auto, etc. I think would be cool to see at least once a year.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.