Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Payment Check Recovery Services - Service Fee

tag
Dawn
Established Contributor

Re: Global Payment Check Recovery Services - Service Fee

The following are examples (from Regulation E) of the type of disclosure that the provider/merchant should provide regarding Electronic Fund Transfers to collect service fees associated with uncollected items. 

This type of disclosure was never provided ... and the office staff at the doctor's office was clueless as to how "they" handled these situations.  Had the medical provider's staff been informed and able to relay information to their patients so DD's BF knew exactly what to expect ... I wouldn't be burning the midnight oil here.  Smiley Mad

A–8 MODEL CLAUSE FOR ELECTRONIC COLLECTION OF
RETURNED ITEM FEES (§ 205.3(b)(3))

If your payment is returned unpaid, you authorize [us/ name of person collecting the fee electronically] to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account to collect a fee of [$ _______ ].

[If your payment is returned unpaid, you authorize [us/ name of person collecting the fee electronically] to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account to collect a fee. The fee will be determined [by]/ [as follows]: [ _______ ].]

[Codified to 12 C.F.R. Part 205, Appendix A]
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Global Payment Check Recovery Services - Service Fee

I too was charged an unknown $30 service fee after I had a check bounce for a dental visit that I was not informed of at the time of purchase.  I paid the original charge shortly after it was converted to a collection.  I paid the dentist's $25 bounced check fee and now over 7 months later, Global payments continues to contact me over a fee that I never knew about or agreed to.  They refuse to stop calling and just put it on my credit.  Instead they call me 2-3 times per day, initially accuse me of not paying anything, then after reading on in their notes, they see I just refuse to pay that crap of a fee.  I'm sorry but the dental office never mentioned it, seem not to know anything about it, I never agreed to it, and it won't get paid by me.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.