Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go after CA, OC, or CRA?!? AHHHH!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go after CA, OC, or CRA?!? AHHHH!!!

I have a settled collection from earlier this year.  I obtained my credit reports and the information does not match up.  It is as follows:

- All report the debt as being the same amount.
- I'm trying to find the DOFD.  The 3 CRA's report all differently. 
        Ex.  Date of Status (if this is the same thing...)  5/2007
        Eq.  Date Major Delinquency First Reported  2/2007  or DOLA n/a
        TU.  Date updated 5/2007   or   Date placed for Collection  12/2006

Ex.  Paid/Closed
        Eq.  Paid/Closed
        TU.  Open

Now my question is this.  I paid the debt but it originates from a bill that went delinquent in I believe 2/2003.  It seems as though they either have wrong dates, or just don't feel like reporting them correctly.  If i dispute this and they don't have exact DOFD dates, will it get deleted?  If so, should I try that or a GW first?

Should I try and get accurate dates from OC or not?  Should I dispute it at the CRA or send a letter to the CA requesting that info?

Please advise.  THANKS!!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Go after CA, OC, or CRA?!? AHHHH!!!

rseemo wrote:
I have a settled collection from earlier this year.  I obtained my credit reports and the information does not match up.  It is as follows:

- All report the debt as being the same amount.
- I'm trying to find the DOFD.  The 3 CRA's report all differently. 
        Ex.  Date of Status (if this is the same thing...)  5/2007
        Eq.  Date Major Delinquency First Reported  2/2007  or DOLA n/a
        TU.  Date updated 5/2007   or   Date placed for Collection  12/2006

Ex.  Paid/Closed
        Eq.  Paid/Closed
        TU.  Open

Now my question is this.  I paid the debt but it originates from a bill that went delinquent in I believe 2/2003.  It seems as though they either have wrong dates, or just don't feel like reporting them correctly.  If i dispute this and they don't have exact DOFD dates, will it get deleted?  If so, should I try that or a GW first?

Should I try and get accurate dates from OC or not?  Should I dispute it at the CRA or send a letter to the CA requesting that info?

Please advise.  THANKS!!

call the CRAs and ask for drop off date
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.