cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Credit Account NOT reporting to 2 Bureaus!??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Credit Account NOT reporting to 2 Bureaus!??

How can I get a creditor to report my payments and history? I have a car loan that I have had for 2 years and have never missed a payment. Just realized they are only reporting to one bureau! We are trying to close on a mortgage ASAP. If I get this added will it increase or decrease my score? Appreciate any and all help you can provide!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Credit Account NOT reporting to 2 Bureaus!??

I think the creditor can choose which bureau it wants to report to.  I guess it wouldn't hurt to call and ask them if they could report.  But I have some things that report to only one bureau and not the other two also.  I think that's why when you apply for a mortgage, a tri-merge report is produced to get an accurate picture of your scores from all three bureaus.  HTH!

P.S.  It maybe that this is not hurting you at all, and that your middle score is contained in the bureau that reports your car loan.
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You can always call the OC and ask them to report.

Will it help? It will help if you were never late and it is older than the average age of your accounts reporting. For example, your average age 3 yrs and the loan is 4 yrs old, then it will help. If you were late, then count it as a blessing that it is not reporting. If the car loan is relatively new, it could also hurt your score. Excluding the lates, any rescoring due to age wouldn't be all that much, IMO. Maybe a 5-15 point swing either way.

Forgot to mention, if this is your only installment loan on your CRs (or not on in case of the 2), then adding it would be beneficial too as to improving your mix of credit types. Again, maybe a 10-15 additional point increase. But if your already have an installment loan (includes car), then you woun't see any benefit at all.

Message Edited by llecs on 03-18-2008 06:34 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Yes, we have one other car loan. I also have 4 credit cards all in good standing, plus 3 good student loan accounts.

The account is 2 yrs old and was NEVER late. Even a 15 pt score would be awesome right now as the lender said i am only 10-20 pts away from being able to use me on the loan.

They want to use me so they can count my income. My husband just started a new job and although he makes a ton of money he hasn't received his first commission check yet (until 4/15/08) and it will be less than what htey will usually be as he only worked 2 months in the new job and was obviously ramping up. uggghhh!

I am using this board and trying to fight the agencies, the creditors and the CAs. I wrote several GW letters today and was able to speak w/some folks who wanted to help me. i am so worried of what is going to happen to my credit score after all the changes. i just hope it goes the right direction ....UP!

This whole scoring thing is really starting to get to me! My husband and I make a ton of money, have stable jobs (me 7 yrs, him prior job was 6 until he just started his new gig), we have been on time w/all payments for 2 yrs and my score still sux! Sometimes I just feel i am never going to get there!! Smiley Sad

Thanks for the advice and letting me vent!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.