Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Credit Unions In North Texas?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Credit Unions In North Texas?

i have heard so many great things about CUs.....so I thought I would join one....but I would like to join a local one.

Did a search but did not see anything for north of Dallas (could just be me)......I have several checking accounts with different banks....but I would really like to start a good relationship with a local bank that will work with me on my business and personal needs.....I want to have that banker relationship where we go out to lunch & discuss things Smiley Happy I have a couple of biz accounts with WaMu....but it seems like their branch managers are always be transferred.

Thoughts?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Credit Unions In North Texas?

any suggestions
Message 2 of 7
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

I used Fort Worth Community Credit Union for a car loan in 2004.  They were good to work with and they have offices all over the metroplex.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently use Texans Credit Union. Not sure where in North Texas you are. I live in the Dallas area.
You can also check the creditunionsonline website to check those available in Texas.

Message Edited by SLU on 08-16-2008 12:22 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info!

i have been looking at texans credit union......looks like they have locations all over the place!

i have heard that credit unions are more generous when it comes to credit....is that true for texans?

thanks again!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd recommend you stay away from the Credit Union of Texas (formally Dallas Teachers CU) They are having financial problems and are under the feds watch as of last year.  They are one a a few CU's that got off into funding and investing into sub prime loans.  There is a very good chance they will fail or be bought out.
Message 6 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd recommend you stay away from the Credit Union of Texas (formally Dallas Teachers CU) They are having financial problems and are under the feds watch as of last year.  They are one a a few CU's that got off into funding and investing into sub prime loans.  There is a very good chance they will fail or be bought out.

I know this uis an old thread but I think Credit Union of Texas is thriving now
Is anyone here a member?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.