Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good FICO Score For Apartment Rental

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good FICO Score For Apartment Rental

What would be considered a good FICO score for renting an apartment in New York City, preferably Manhattan ?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Good FICO Score For Apartment Rental

@Anonymous wrote:

What would be considered a good FICO score for renting an apartment in New York City, preferably Manhattan ?

That's a great question.  Most that high-end, usually have that info listed on their sites or through review sites like apartmentfinder or something.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hoping for a more direct answer than that, but thanks anyway. I'll try your suggestion. I am also disappointed that nobody else answered the question.

Message 3 of 25
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was hoping for a more direct answer than that, but thanks anyway. I'll try your suggestion. I am also disappointed that nobody else answered the question.

I have no experience in the Manhattan rental market, but IME most landlords aren't looking for a particular score so much as they are looking for red flags on your credit reports, like BKs, judgements, liens, etc....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 25
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I agree. They're just looking for recent baddies.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  That's a good answer.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, thanks.

Message 7 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no experience in the Manhattan rental market, but IME most landlords aren't looking for a particular score so much as they are looking for red flags on your credit reports, like BKs, judgements, liens, etc....

+1

They are also looking at your prior rental history, more than anything else.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.
Message 9 of 25
FrugalRican
Blogger

I know you pretty much already got your answer, but my experience was that they never looked at your score, they just looked at your credit report.

They just want to know if you have baddies floating around, but they never actually find out your score, nor do I think it matters to them.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.