Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Luck with this!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck with this!!

from RJM Aquisitions. I got a letter today from a these guys last nite, telling me that if I was willing to pay them 45ish a month I could select a prize from their "catalog" and the would take 131 off the balance owed. Or 22ish a month for a 40% off what I owe. or 11 a month til balance is paid. This is several years past SOL, and will fall off my credit next summer. I would like to make good on this debt, as I would like to make good on all of the ones I owe. BUT!!! I do not want to do ANYTHING that may reset the DOFD or admit to the debt being valid. Question is, should I file this away til I can try a PFD, or just let sleeping dogs lie? thanks in advance. Almost forgot, they included partial SSN 25*-**-**99 which is wrong my partial should look like 26*-**-**99 wonder if I should DV, or let sleeping dogs lie about this also?

Message Edited by jaguls66 on 07-06-2007 08:22 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Luck with this!!

I would let sleeping dogs lie. This is a sneeky company. They are trying to collect on something for $255 that I don't even know if I purchased from fingerhut more than 16 years ago. Who remembers that? I just disputed and TU removed. I am trying to get this off of experian, but they are not doing anything yet. Submitted online dispute and received "verified" response in 5 hours. That is ridiculous and means they did not research anything. I am trying to decide to just let it fall off in a year or send a written dispute letter myslef. Good luck. Definitely deal with this company in writing only. Never speak to them on the phone as they are sleezy. You can read much about them on the Ripoff Report online. Besides, what collection agency is in the retail trade?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I overdrafted my bank account about 4rys ago and it was sent to them. If you wait on them...they'll offer you 50% off plus sometimes they'll offer 50%+$39 off. Also...they will delete your tradeline when it is paid. Just through my experience w/them...they are the best CO company out there. No calling and being rude and such...and I owed them about $400.

Message Edited by SGT_F on 07-06-2007 09:37 AM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Prizes" from CA.  Now I've heard everything. 
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the same thing becase I had no intentions of paying this...but they were so nice w/the % off I said what the heck...I'll give em the $.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.