Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News!!...... Bad News.....Please advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good News!!...... Bad News.....Please advise

Today I called New York & Company to ask for a GW adjustment on two 30 day late and one 60 day late dating back from 2005.  The representitive was more than happy to delete the 60 day late.  She would of deleted the two 30 day lates except she said that it falls out of her system after two years.  She told me that I should "dispute" this with the CRA.  I was wondering how does the dispute process work in getting known lates removed from my credit report.  I thought the dispute process was something that you did when something on your report was in error.  Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Good News!!...... Bad News.....Please advise

One of the dispute reasons is 'never late'.  When the CRA verifies this account with NY and Co, they will not be able to verify that yes this account was late and therefor it will be removed.

Nice rep you got, good customer service.  Congrats!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - dispute it as never late.  If the rep can't get to the file then the CRA will not be able to verify and must change it.

Be carefull when doing this, though.  If it dispute something and it comes back verified, I heard that it will update the account to newer.  (meaning, it will say... last reported = date you disputed instead of date it was really last reported.... ) <~~~~ did that make sense to anyone  but me???  lol

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that's the thing.  She said that she could see them but she could not delete them.  She then suggested that I dispute them with the CRA.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, that would make me nervous, but I have never disputed a late payment (though I need to) so I wouldn't suggest it.  Perhaps someone else would know for sure.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just because SHE does not have access- someone else does.

Send a GW letter by mail-
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have disputed a late payment and it was "verified" and unchanged. There was a statement that it was disputed by me, but the time line didn't change at all. It still said it would be off my report in x number of years from the late payment. If they change the time line because you disputed it, I would dispute that, lol. Also you can add a statement in your personal statement section if they continue to be a PITA.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.