Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Will letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Will letters

I have a Target account that was paid in full a year ago. It has about six months of 30 day lates and I wnat to know if I shoudl send a good will letter asking them to remove the lates. I don'e even know if this is some thing that i can do, but I have a reason:
About five years ago, while in college, I placed all of my credit cards in a credit counseling service. BAD choice! The credit counselling service did not send my payments in on time even though I paid the CC service the same time every month. By the time I discovered this, all of my credit accounts were either reporting months of lates or as one did, (Macy's) it went to collections (shows as a charge off on my CR). The Macy's had an original balance of $200.00 which I made payments on for two years until it was referred to collections, now I owe $1200.00. I just sent Macy's a letter stating that I will pay the amount in exchange for a deletion of the charge off.
I am not certain what to do. I put these accounts with the credit counseling to avoid this or bankruptcy.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Will letters

I am sorry to hear this.  Looks like you put your trust in the DMP and they let you down.  Hindsight is always 20/20, so what do you do now....

Absolutely open up the lines of communication with your creditors and be completely honest with them.  You'll be surprised to learn that compassion and understanding is not always written out of companies policies. 

First off call the companies and write GW letters of exactly what happened and be clear on what you are asking for.  While doing these things, read, read and read.  Learn as much as you can from this form, other forums, publications and other people.  Inspiration and ideas are the back bone for achieving goals.   

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Will letters

Thanks for the insight. I will do just that.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.