Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news about Amex Oasis

tag
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Good news about Amex Oasis

Previously I posted about not knowing if I could get an Amex card after troubles with them 17 years ago. After reading on this forum (and getting denied online - one of the reasons was due to a "previously closed account" - I called the number posted on these forums as soon as I got up this morning. I explained that I have no idea how I left the account, but want to pay it. It's not on my CR - because it's so old, but she was really helpful and said that I could pay my balance due of $ 1108.00 within 30 days and then they will issue a card for 1/2 of that balance. She said it's a great way to rebuild with them and in time I can graduate to other cards. I feel SOOOO much better now. Knowing that I've paid off my old stuff, but always knowing that I never made the Amex thing right - calling them was the best decision ever. It feels good to do the right thing. Always has. Always will. She said if I make the payment on the phone, it will post w/in 24 hrs and then 21 days from that a letter with the offer will come. Need to sign, return and then the card will come within a few weeks. So it won't' take too long. Thanks everyone for your help in researching how to talk to Amex. Have a great day!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good news about Amex Oasis

congrats! keep us posted.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you!
Message 3 of 7
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Re: Good news about Amex Oasis- UPDATE

Update on my Oasis Card - So I paid the $1108 due from about 17 yrs ago on July 13 (it was not on my CR, I just called them (she told me the amt, I paid it right away that day) to make it right - gut feeling about the past).

The very nice lady told me it would take 21 days before I would see a letter to sign/return and then the card would arrive weeks later. Slow process but hey they waited a LONG time for me to get my act together! haha

After 30 days I called the same very nice lady and told her I've received letters telling me I'm a valued cardholder, but not the form she mentioned to get my Oasis card. She's going to call me back on Monday but it should be here soon.

******** I asked her a question after reading these forums ***** Will the length of history be "member sincce 2007?" ...OR .... will it date back.

*** SHE SAID my card says "MEMBER SINCE 1989"...... WOO HOO!! Does anyone know if this will report to CRAs this way, adding all of those years?

Also, she said my Oasis card will never have a bigger limit than 500 (1/2 of my original amt) and won't "graduate" to a different card, but it sounds like I can go online after activating my Oasis card and request another card. I want Blue. My scores now are 661. Should go up with all of the new TL and higher limits (well it might go down and then up)

2 mo. ago I had 1 card with 300 limit. Now I have 5 cards with about 8k in limits. None are reporting yet, but once they do my utilization will go WAY down and it should raise my score as I'm not going to use these except to buy Fico scores. hehe
Message 4 of 7
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Re: Good news about Amex Oasis- UPDATE

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well keep it going, fantastic..
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.