cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Adjustment Rejected...what next?

tag
Heartbreaker
Valued Member

Goodwill Adjustment Rejected...what next?

I just received my first (of many im sure) goodwill denialSmiley Sad...my question is what do I do next?  Move on and give up?  Do I wait a certain amount of time and then mail another letter?  Do I use the same letter or a different one?  Send it to the same address or do I look for another one?  Also, does anyone have any thoughts on USPS vs. Email for a GW or PFD?  Any help/suggestions - anything - appreciated!!Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Re: Goodwill Adjustment Rejected...what next?

Send another GW letter. Change up the message, but keep the information the same. Try to find a different address. For instance, I had originally sent a GW to Citi to the Correspondence address listed on the monthly statements. Then, in these forums I found a different, perhaps more specific address -- Citibank USA, Attn: Credit Appeals, P.O. Box 6191, Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6191, which I hope have someone else read my hardship letter and make the adjustment.

As it is, most people have to send 3 or 4 GW letters, before they get a positive result -- if at all. So just like everything else in life, persistence is the key.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have to send them over and over before you get results. I got lucky w/ one to student loan co- but it took a LONG TIME to be processed.

Send it again! Try a different address!
Message 3 of 4
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Heartbreaker wrote:
I just received my first (of many im sure) goodwill denialSmiley Sad...my question is what do I do next?  Move on and give up?  Do I wait a certain amount of time and then mail another letter?  Do I use the same letter or a different one?  Send it to the same address or do I look for another one?  Also, does anyone have any thoughts on USPS vs. Email for a GW or PFD?  Any help/suggestions - anything - appreciated!!Smiley Happy

Don't feel bad, all 7 of my gw's were rejected, I'm over it, i'll just  keep paying everything on time and hopefully by next year the lates won't be hurting my credit so bably.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.