Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letters - A No GO!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Letters - A No GO!!!!

I have sent out 10 GW letters.  I have received two letters stating that they will NOT change the information on my credit report.  One was a 30-day late pay from 2001 and I have had no lates since.  The other account is student loan and they are unwilling to bulge.  Any suggestions.  My equifax credit score is 532 and it has been stagnant for about 1 year now.  I am at wits end.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me? 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill Letters - A No GO!!!!

the late from 2001  will drop in 2008

Do you have any CC?? if you do what is CL  and UTIL    this is the usually the biggest part of you scors,  i believe.
Message 2 of 8
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

student loans have to reported they have real strict rules with reporting and they wont remove anything thats reported correctly.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately I think the GW and PFD wave is coming to an end unless its sent to a collection agency. I received a letter from Ford Motor Credit and it stated they they have entered into an agreement with all 3 CRA's not to change factual information on CR's. I also received a similar letter from Wachovia to remove an old 30 day late from 2001.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then I think they should also enter into an agreement not to enter INACCURATE information.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to dispute any of these yet? I know that Ford doesn't update any accounts that are paid in full and closed. I had a late pay on a car from May 2002. The car was traded in before being 30 days late but Ford marked it that way. I disputed this about 2 months ago when I saw it and the account changed to pays as agreed/paid as agreed on all 3 reports. I suspect you might get lucky on 1 or 2 of these by doing a dispute.
Message 6 of 8
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Did the dispute first before the GW letters. No dice. Just need to ride it out a couple more years then its gone.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that man. I know it sucks but since most of them are fairly old they really aren't hurting your scores much anymore.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.