Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter - did it work?

tag
Volpes
Regular Contributor

Goodwill letter - did it work?

Ok, I just received my latest Experian and Equifax credit report, and under a paid/closed Installment loan (my last auto loan) it shows 'OK' in the payment history, however in the comment section it says under 'Payment Status':

"Paid, was past due 30 days"

Question, I have sent two Goodwill letters asking to have the 30 day removed. Would this not remove any comments about being late? Maybe its a mistake, but on two reports?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Volpes
Regular Contributor

Re: Goodwill letter - did it work?

ok... anybody?

Maybe I was sleepy last night. I was reading my reports wrong; I was thinking my 30 day late was on Jan 2012, but rather it was Jan 2011. The payment history only shows the last 24 months, so that '30 day late' is still there. These reports are different than the ones I received last year, because those show my payments from years ago.

Anyway, my 30 day late auto loan will be 3 years old Jan 2014 - should I just let it slide? I want to re-finance.

I also have a 30 day late on a closed credit card, but that was back in Jan 2008. These are the only "negatives" I have.

Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Goodwill letter - did it work?

If the account still shows this remark then I don't think the GW letter worked.

However I think there's minimal ( if any ) FICO score damage becuase the 30 day lates are 3+ years old.    I wouldn't worry about it.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.