cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter of an Settlement CC accepted...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill letter of an Settlement CC accepted...

Help, I have seen a few goodwill letters-but after paying off over, lets say over 50K in Credit Card Debt-some were 70% some were 100% AND CALLED A CHARGE OFF? Anyway I could use an example of a good will letter to a Credit Card company-that I had [removed] negotiate with to be able to pay-now all but one of seven say settlement accepted and show a 9 negative. Is there any type of good will letters to negotiate or reduce the 9 negatives to paid as agreed or whatever... Just need some help to try and do what [Removed] could not do for me after paying them. Please if you have an example-lmk. I had 70K with 7 cards and growing-paid ]removed] in good faith to represent me-they paid about 60K, plus another 11K in Fee's-but by the time I was able to pay I owed almost $75K. I mortgaged, sold, sacrificed all I could to pay off my debt. I owe no CCards any money-all cards were either paid in full or negotiated to about 80% of what I owed-now I just want to clean up or at least try and get less than a negative 9 for what I tried to do. Any examples of how/where to start on a good will letter would be appreciated-it came to a point that I did not have the funds to pay my creditors and still keep my family and house-but in about a year-all had negotiated leaving me with 5 negatives. Any suggestions woud be helpful for this particular situation-I have seen tuscani GW letters but they do not seem to apply... thank you, K-Man

Message Edited by Timothy on 09-21-2008 02:43 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill letter of an Settlement CC accepted...

Please stop posting information about Credit repait org's and Debt settlement co's. 

Your post,Re: Goodwill letter of an Settlement CC accepted..., has been edited as it violates our Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines, Terms of Service, and User Guidelines that prohibit the promotion of certain types of credit repair. Please read these guidelines before posting anything further about credit repair.

Thanks for contributing to these forums and for your cooperation!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have your old debt paid-

Keep paying on-time, have at least 1 revolving account and PIF every month.

Unless you got ALL of them to modify the reporting - it is not going to help your score as FICO look at the MOST RECENT and MOST severe items ONLY.

Write all the GW letters you want.  Keep them honest, short and specify what you want.

You may at some point consider paying the settled balances (you might get a 1099 on these anyways) for a delete.  
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy, As a newbie I apologize for rule infractions-I will pay better attention.

Both agencies mentioned were found in many posts under search here and is why I specifically mentioned and asked, It will not happen again-plus asked to help others avoid my mistakes-besides as most they recommend myfico for reports-kind of ironic.

It will not happen again Smiley Happy

1# You mention that if a CCard was settled let's say for $15K on a $26 account-then I received a 1099 last yeat on it for the difference 11K, could I legitimately ask them for a delete since they were settled? Or at least to reduce negative.

2# Anyway, are/is there an example of a goodwill letter here that I can use as an example of how to approach my negatives(9's); settlements accepted and ask that they reduce the severity of the negative 9 infraction to a lesser one changing it?

You know the Board much better than me and using search I find hundreds of posts, but was hoping you could show a post or two of a Good Will letter to be concise and direct and I guess less than 100 words.
I would use my CCard Issuer
Account number
How long a customer?
My Name and addy SSN?
Amount owed?
Amount Paid?
Explain overwhelming financial situation that led to my not being to pay on time or in full Settlement.
Settlement Company that misled me into negotiations?
Anything else?
Thanks for your patience Timothy! r

Respect to this Board and thanks to you... K-Man

As mentioned, all old accounts are settled and closed from 75 to 100% of what was owed.

I now have a; new good CCard(afraid to mention name} A Gas Card and a 1st Mortgage {I have no other debt even auto and Ccards have nothing on them, the first mortgage is a bimonthly payment}

Please help show me a standardard good will letter if you or anyone can for these circumstances-thanks again!

Message Edited by K-Man on 09-23-2008 05:13 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

b u m p Any help here please Smiley Happy K-Man
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.