Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill worked...but have a question!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill worked...but have a question!

I have four student loan accounts that are now closed (consolidated) but were being reported as previously late on several occasions.  I wrote a goodwill letter to the student loan company disputing this directly to them and they responded with a letter dated Nov. 9 that states that they have verified that on all four loans, the delinquency is invalid.  The letter also states that they have submitted a credit retraction to all national credit bureaus and requested that the delinquency be removed.  The letter goes on to say please allow 30 days for the bureaus to process this request.   I have checked my reports this morning and nothing has changed.  My fear of course is that the bureaus will not do anything or that it will get lost in the shuffle.  Since I have a copy of the letter, should I send it to all three myself?  I called TransUnion this a.m. and explained that I had a letter stating all of this and they were practically no help!  The lady I spoke with kept asking, "so you want to dispute these accounts?"  I explained over and over that no, I did not.  Should I pursue providing this letter to make sure that it is corrected or am I possibly doing more harm than good?  Are they not supposed to act on any information that the consumer can provide in a dispute per the FCRA?  Thanks for any help and also, thank you for the goodwill letter advice!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Goodwill worked...but have a question!

I would give it to at least the end of the year.    Then I would beging disputing. 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill worked...but have a question!

Hang on to the letter, and make it your New Year's resolution. If these are still on your CRs in January, dispute online or via fax. One of the boxes you can check with at least some of the CRAs reads something to the effect of "Creditor has agreed to delete this account".

I would not include a copy of the letter from the student loan company in my first round of disputes with the CRAs. Give yourself ammo for round 2, if needed.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.