cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got DV, send PFD within SOL? Next step? Help!

tag
wvasweetness
Contributor

Got DV, send PFD within SOL? Next step? Help!

I am new to myFICO, and also fairly new to getting my credit cleaned up.

Per the advice of another site that I was visiting, I send DV letters to all of the CAs that I have debts with. All have replied with the information that I requested... everything with the CAs check out, and I do owe the debts (which I knew - I just wanted to make sure they were legally able to claim the debt in my state).

So, here are my questions...

1. I am within SOL on 3 of the 4 items. Can/should I go ahead and sent PFD letters (I am going to offer to PIF)?

2. On the 1 item that I am NOT within SOL on (it's the largest debt of the 4 - $1012.00), should I offer to PFD for 50% of the debt?

Any other advice? Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by wvasweetness on 02-14-2008 12:14 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got DV, send PFD within SOL? Next step? Help!

I say PFD and START with the one inside of SOL
You have woken them- Start with 50% but be prepared to pay 100% prior to starting-

Do it in writing only

wvasweetness wrote:
I am new to myFICO, and also fairly new to getting my credit cleaned up.

Per the advice of another site that I was visiting, I send DV letters to all of the CAs that I have debts with. All have replied with the information that I requested... everything with the CAs check out, and I do owe the debts (which I knew - I just wanted to make sure they were legally able to claim the debt in my state).

So, here are my questions...

1. I am within SOL on 3 of the 4 items. Can/should I go ahead and sent PFD letters (I am going to offer to PIF)?

2. On the 1 item that I am NOT within SOL on (it's the largest debt of the 4 - $1012.00), should I offer to PFD for 50% of the debt?

Any other advice? Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by wvasweetness on 02-14-2008 12:14 PM

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.