Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got LifeLock ?

tag
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Got LifeLock ?

Anybody got LifeLock ?

I just got my renew notice $99 a year due in 2 weeks and was thinking to let it end.

I got it about 4 years ago when my brothers laptop was stolen and he had the whole family social in it !!!! The laptop had a bios password and nobody in my family had identity credit stolen so my guess was data was erased.

I did apply for 2 credit cards last month and i didn't even get LifeLock Identity Alerts or email/phone call that somebody was applying for credit !! ?

Not sure if this service working but i think i'll save my $99 and let it end.

Anybody got a better service in case i get one ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingLifeOver
Regular Contributor

Re: Got LifeLock ?

I've heard of people having their identities stolen AFTER signing up for LifeLock. Made me hesitant to do so. What has always worked for me is placing a fraud alert directly with CRA's. It's free and lasts for 90 days. They contact you if any credit is applied for in your name. I do this every once in awhile just because.
NFCU Cash Rewards $16,100/FNBO Platinum $9.100/Best Buy Citibank $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $1000/Neiman Marcus $7000/Saks5thAve $2500

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 Smiley Happy
Current Score: TU 706 EQ FICO 701 EX 704
Goal Score: 720

Message 2 of 5
lithium78
Established Contributor

LifeLock is a scam.  You can get the same services for free directly from the CRAs.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
awal
Regular Contributor

Remember the commercials with the LifeLock CEO Posting his SSN online? Read on http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/05/lifelock-identity-theft/

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 4 of 5
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Oh yeah i remember he was hacked left and right LOL.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.