Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new HP want to dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got a new HP want to dispute

That Is the confusion right now because it appears on myFico monitoring as a new account but there is no change in my score.  However it is listed as a new account, but I cannot find it on the EQ dispute screen its not showing up for me to click on file dispute.  So I am not sure what to make of it 

Message 11 of 13
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it was not opened by me thats why I got an alert from EQ.  AE is American Eagle clothing its made for teenagers and really skinny people which I am neither of.  When I spoke with synch bank AE CSR I was told the HP could not be reversed I have to file a dispute with whichever CRA it appears on. So I just got a myFico alert saying a new account has been detected.  I went to the EQ website to file a formal dispute and when I went to look for the account it wasnt there.  However this was 2 days ago and just yesterday I was approved for the GM Buypower WEMC from Cap 1 and that is displayed on my inquiry page.  I am trying to figure out why the AE is not showing up yet 

(Former AE employee) Actually AE has a lot of bigger sizes compared to the likes of Express, Abercrombie, etc. (I love AE clothes, I still shop there and I'm 31 Smiley Wink)

But in all seriousness, yes, you need to freeze all your credit bureaus ASAP and then file a police report for identity theft. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That Is the confusion right now because it appears on myFico monitoring as a new account but there is no change in my score.  However it is listed as a new account, but I cannot find it on the EQ dispute screen its not showing up for me to click on file dispute.  So I am not sure what to make of it 

Forget the alert from MyFico.  You need to pull all 3 of your reports and see if the account/inquiry is listed on any of them.  If not, then it's possible that there was a glitch on MyFico's part.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.