cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got denied twice

tag
shimura

Got denied twice

hi all, i am newbie and i would like to know any opinion for me to start to build my credit history here

i am a green card holder and i don't have any credit card, i just have a debit card from BoA and i applied a victoria secret card and capital one for newcomer  but both got denied with the same reason said my credit score is missing/ invalid

i applied a new comer credit card from capital one because many immigrants told me, this is the best thing to try on than secure card

so what should i do? try to contact capital one or just apply a secure card from BoA? i am afraid they will reject me again Smiley Sad

Oh and my friend got the same problem too and it said proportion of account balance to credit limit or high credit on revolving account(s), what does it mean anyway?

thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got denied twice

I would try a secured card from somewhere. You can try BofA but they generally are a bit tougher to get approved by than most. Since you bank with BofA, it might be worth it to talk to your branch manager and apply through them. I too dealt with them on a secured CC and managers tend to have a little bit of leverage in getting you approved (sometimes).

By the statement on your friend's denial, he/she already has a CC (or CCs) reporting and the balance(s) is too high in relation to the reported CL. He/she would have to paydown/pay off that debt.

Message 2 of 5
shimura

thanks for your reply Ilecs, yes that is what i am thinking right now to get a secure card at least try from BoA, maybe that's the only way to get approve Smiley Happy

and about my friend, no she doesn't have any cc either, it's her first time too same like i do, maybe just same names out there makes the reason comes like that

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@shimura wrote:

...and about my friend, no she doesn't have any cc either, it's her first time too same like i do, maybe just same names out there makes the reason comes like that

Definitely tell your friend to pull all 3 reports. Something is reporting.

Message 4 of 5
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Maybe you should trying asking any family members to add you on as an AU. My wife has only been in the US for 8 months, she has carried two of my cards as an AU for about 6 months. Her first ever application the week she received her SSN she was approved for the cap1 newcomer card with a 1k CL.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.