Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my CRs online yesterday...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my CRs online yesterday...

I requested my free reports online from annualcreditreport.com yesterday ... it's the middle of March ... it reflects my credit status as of January!  What's with that?  I thought I'd get a current report.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Re: Got my CRs online yesterday...

Some things don't report regularly (some closed accounts/charge off's/etc).
Are there certain things on there that you know are inaccurate and hurting you?
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

DansRib wrote:
I requested my free reports online from annualcreditreport.com yesterday ... it's the middle of March ... it reflects my credit status as of January!  What's with that?  I thought I'd get a current report.

You did get a current report.

Status or last update field for each creditor is when the creditor last updated, not the CRA.

I have one creditor that reports quarterly. Most report monthly though.  CRA have been known to take their time updating records when creditors report too. Especially TU.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

how was the online ordering experince?

easy or had to do lot of opt-outs???
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some things don't report regularly (some closed accounts/charge off's/etc).
Are there certain things on there that you know are inaccurate and hurting you?

I'm most concerned with my 1st & 2nd Countrywide mortgages that I'm late on and 2 cc's I'm paying off.  LOL ... don't know if I should be concerned or not ... 'cause the reports show my status as of 2 months ago.  ;-)

I know Countrywide reports the first of every month.  Which is why I'm wondering what happened to Feb & March info. They should have posted by now. 
Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

And some CRAs are just slow. TU, for example for me as of last week, hadn't updated my car payment since October. Finally, they just posted 5 months of history in one day.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX was fine; I printed it out OK, but it timed me out while I was on a call.

EQ asked me for verif info about my mortgage, and then said it was inaccurate.  Somehow I had another window open and managed to see it long enough to copy it to Word before it blacked out but I'm going to mail in my request anyway.

TU asked for my username and password from last year. Which I don't remember even having ... I guessed wrong and it locked me out. I have to mail that one in as well.

Next year I'll just mail in my requests to each CB and save the frustration.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

DansRib wrote:
EX was fine; I printed it out OK, but it timed me out while I was on a call.

EQ asked me for verif info about my mortgage, and then said it was inaccurate.  Somehow I had another window open and managed to see it long enough to copy it to Word before it blacked out but I'm going to mail in my request anyway.

TU asked for my username and password from last year. Which I don't remember even having ... I guessed wrong and it locked me out. I have to mail that one in as well.

Next year I'll just mail in my requests to each CB and save the frustration.

Call TU and they will give your username and send you your pw in an email.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did call TU as you suggested and got username & PW ... but the CSR told me I have to pay for a report.  I never got the free annual report 'cause it kicked me out.  Any suggestions?

(I tried but can't figure out how to quote posts.)
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

DansRib wrote:
I did call TU as you suggested and got username & PW ... but the CSR told me I have to pay for a report.  I never got the free annual report 'cause it kicked me out.  Any suggestions?

(I tried but can't figure out how to quote posts.)

To quote, you hit reply on the post you want to quote and then in the reply box hit the white bubble to the left of the smiley face.

Have you ignored what the CSR told you and tried to sign in? It keeps your report available for 30 days to view.

Also go back to annualcreditreport.com and try to go through that again and see if it will let you if the above don't work.

I've been kicked out and still able to go back in and look.

You can also try calling TU and asking them to mail you a paper copy.

If all else fails, sign up for a free trial with them and get your report and cancel before the 30 days up.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-13-2008 05:44 AM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.