cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my FICO scores! NOW I NEED SOME HELP!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my FICO scores! NOW I NEED SOME HELP!!!!

I am so happy and excited about my FICO score that I don’t know what to do.  They are not through the roof by any means, but they are excellent compared to where I was last year this time.  As of Today My scores are as follows:

TU:  623

EQ:  600

EX:  638

I currently have NO open lines of credit or TL’s other than my student loans and my car payment.  I am looking for advice on my next step.  Now that I know what it means, I need to get some credit cards and use them responsibly.  (Although I am extremely nervous about doing so).  I learned my lesson about being irresponsible.  I just don’t want my scores to go down any.  In addition, is there a way for me to avoid Sub-prime cards at all? Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got my FICO scores! NOW I NEED SOME HELP!!!!

I hear BofA is a friendly lender. Your scores aren't that bad at all so you should be able to find a prime solution. Also check with your local credit union. They are generally more relaxed than the big banks, and usually report to all 3 bureaus. 6 months of good payment history on a new account will likely send scores through the roof!

You can check http://www.whogavemecredit.com/ for info on who gave credit with scores in your range. It's very handy.

Good luck! You seem to be on the right track!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi gf, and congrats on getting those scores up! That's a wonderful accomplishment. Smiley Happy

Have you checked out "Get a Credit Card" in the menu bar at top of page? you can sort on FICO score(be sure your scores are FICO only)?

whogavemecredit.com is a good place to search also.

Do you have any baddies on your CR? If so what are they? Don't waste an inq on a card that is beyond your reach. Until you get your scores higher, I'd suggest forget about Amex, Discover for now.

Have you considered Cap1? They offer good starter/rebuilder cards. Maybe HSBC. NOT First Premier. They are to predatory imho. But that's just me.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sylvia!  I do have some more baddies that are scheduled to fall off by May 2008.  The last baddie is scheduled to fall off in October.  They are all collections past 2 years old.  Does this change my eligibility?
Message 4 of 5
y0rascal
Regular Contributor

i recommend go to credit cards.com and apply there you can try for Capital one i know not the best but you can get approved with a $0 annual fee... or try citi bank and also get a store card to give yourself a credit mix..
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.