Did you mean: 

Got my first PFD response.... DENIAL!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my first PFD response.... DENIAL!!

Trying not to give up....

Sent PFD via email and mail to NCO. this is the response:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the above referenced accounts. We are unable to accept your request for settlement under the terms outlined in your letter. Be advised that we can accept a lump sum settlement of $284.00 ($378.68 is full balance) as long as payment is received by 10/05/07. Should you accept this offer, kindly send payment blah, blah, blah.

So, doesn't this sound like they are firing back at my PFD? what now... pay and GW or try another PFD?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got my first PFD response.... DENIAL!!

overwhelmed wrote:
Trying not to give up....

Sent PFD via email and mail to NCO. this is the response:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the above referenced accounts. We are unable to accept your request for settlement under the terms outlined in your letter. Be advised that we can accept a lump sum settlement of $284.00 ($378.68 is full balance) as long as payment is received by 10/05/07. Should you accept this offer, kindly send payment blah, blah, blah.

So, doesn't this sound like they are firing back at my PFD? what now... pay and GW or try another PFD?

Had the same thing with NCO just finally wound up paying it.  I found dealing with them like pulling teeth and mine was for a 62.00 cancelled insurance premium that even the OC couldn't find

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear that some people got their PFD's and some don't. I guess I won't... probably just pay and dispute.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try closer to the end of the month.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

why end of the month?

you mean write or email?
Message 5 of 9
headspin
New Contributor

I think I know why Timothy said to try at the end of the month..... Collection agents mainly make their money on commission, usually the commission pays out at the end of every month.  If the person who is responsible for collecting on your account is running low on collecting they may take anything they can get.  Another thing is CA's like to reach a target number every month, say they want to collect $15,000 this month since it is still early in the month the settlement offers will be higher as the weeks go by the settlement offers will start to go down so they can at least get something.  If at the end of the month you are willing to PIF for deletion they might take it.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As headspin explained, you may have a better chance for a PFD toward the end of the month.

I'm not sure what you initially negotiated for the PFD.  Did you try to negotiate for the full amount initially?  If not, then respond to their offer by stating that you will pay their lump sum for a PFD AND an assurance that they will not sell the remaining balance. 

If you did try to negotiate for the full amount initially, then send the PFD again toward the end of the month.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep -

@headspin wrote:
I think I know why Timothy said to try at the end of the month..... Collection agents mainly make their money on commission, usually the commission pays out at the end of every month. If the person who is responsible for collecting on your account is running low on collecting they may take anything they can get. Another thing is CA's like to reach a target number every month, say they want to collect $15,000 this month since it is still early in the month the settlement offers will be higher as the weeks go by the settlement offers will start to go down so they can at least get something. If at the end of the month you are willing to PIF for deletion they might take it.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got them to PFD I had to write them 4 seperate times! They got tired of me I guess. Dont give up!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.