cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got this response to DV letter to medical collection......not what I expected....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got this response to DV letter to medical collection......not what I expected....

bump.....
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got this response to DV letter to medical collection......not what I expected....

Now I am confused regarding what I should do next.  Do I wait for the 30 days to run out on the DV that I sent them or since they sent me my "First notice..." does that null the 30 days on the DV?? 

Anyone?
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be passive. Honestly I would send them another DV specifically requesting what you are asking for:

• What the money you say I owe is for;
  • Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;
  • Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;
  • Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;
  • Identify the original creditor;
  • Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account
  • Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state
  • Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent
  • CMRRR it, too. It's your credit report, don't mess with it.

And yea, it can get worse. Judgments on your record are worse than collections!

Good luck.

Message 13 of 24
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Thanks Shnapple!
    Message 14 of 24
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Well, just got off the phone with the CA.   I was being very nice but they were very irritated that I was even asking any questions.   They stated that this was a validation of debt.   Then she said that she would send me an itemized statement tomorrow.   Then she verified my address, phone number, and employer (?) - which she has my previous employer and I didn't correct her. 

Have I woken a lion??  It's only $171 so I could pay it off today but I want it off my credit!!
    Message 15 of 24
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Message 16 of 24
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Shnapple/Anyone -  Would a CA really enter a judgment for a $171 medical bill?
    Message 17 of 24
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

What is the DOFD  DOLA  from the OC??   Are you past SOL?
    Message 18 of 24
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

tuneup,  got to www.ftc.gov    file a complaint with them for both  the CA and the CRA.

Then mail CMRRR  everything that you sent to the CA and everything that was sent to the CRA!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-01-2008 12:05 PM
    Message 19 of 24
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

The DOFD is 02/2003.  The DOLA (I guess the last payment date??) is 04/03/2004.    Date assigned is 06/2003.   I called them and they said that this is not the first notice that they have sent me.   The last one was in 2005.  (Could have, I don't remember)  They don't do PFDs.  Their website says that they delete 7 years from date of service, however Equifax's website says collection items remain 7 years from date of last activity.   So now I am more confused than ever.    I believe the SOL for GA is 4 years for collection accounts.
    Message 20 of 24
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.