cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grantor Closed my cards because of their mistake !!

tag
shniku
Valued Member

Grantor Closed my cards because of their mistake !!

I had two cards with Bank of America, one with $500 limit and one with $4500 limit. Before I started online payments, I usually would call and make payments over the phone. One of the times, I got a message saying that the payment was returned.

I found out that the person I had spoken to had made a mistake on the checking account number she put in for the payment. So I decided to try it again and made another payment. That was returned too for the same reason. Basically, I gave them the right routing number and right account number and they got it wrong twice. I got two $39 fees, and my $4000 balance was taken off the 0% apr promotion and they apologized for their mistakes.

I called costumer support and after being transferred 22 times, and spending 7 hours talking with them, they refunded the fees, and got me on the promotion again. From there on, I vowed not to make payments over the phone again (unless I recorded the conversation). I established online payments, and payed my next two bills online.

They then close both my accounts and provide me with the reason "you had multiple returned checks" I tried to explain this to them but they would not listen to open the accocunt. What should I do inorder to have the accounts opened again. I feel like I was treated unfairly. The customer support like hung up on me over seven times, and was not even close to being professional. Can I sue Bank of America for like 700 million dollars or something? Please help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Grantor Closed my cards because of their mistake !!

Always check your bank accounts to make sure that payments have posted so you can **bleep** things in the bud.  This goes for everyone.

If you did not speak with a supervisor, you should.

I would suggest writing a complaint to BoA documenting everything you can (names and dates, what was said etc) and requesting that any lates be corrected in addition to these accounts being re-activated.  Don't threaten, as no creditor is legally obligated to extend credit.  Definitely express your frustration constructively not only regarding the situation, but the lack of customer service to correct this error that BoA admitted to.  Send it to the attention of a supervisor.

I believe that you might be able to e-mail them thru your online account with them.  I think that a written letter CMRRR is better... but I'd probably be e-mailing them ASAP.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Unfair is BofA's middle name.  Also if you had paid them in the past from a phone payment, remind them of that.  It will help to support your case. Common sense (I know its BofA) should tell them that no one would use the wrong account number since it would probably get rejected and even if it didn't, the person's who's account it was would complain.

Don't give it
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

**bleep**

The word which is spelled N - I - P is a dirty word? (from SmartCookie's post, that potty-mouth!)

Holy Moby Richard!!! Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-05-2008 09:26 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not sure if this is the phone # that I called as I wrote it on a piece a paper several months ago. I got this from the FTIC site.   I called and ask for a phone # for the adminastrative office (not the help or reg. # that you can get from the site)    I needed  it for a prob. with Chase bank CC........When you call BOA  just ask to speak to someone that can help with a problem with your CC account. DO NOT even bother with the # that is posted on the BOA site.

FDIC Call Center: 1-877-ASKFDIC
(877-275-3342)
8:00 am - 8:00 pm ET; Monday - Friday

Also IMO  anyone that does not pay at the CC site is looking for trouble! I have been paying online at the CC sites for almost 10 years & never had trouble with payments......I know that they send you email  to notify you that a  payment  was made  BUT... after I click submit  I always copy & past to my email  from the site just in case.Payments usually show up at my bank 24-48 hours after.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-05-2008 06:40 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.