Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Advice...Thank You!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Great Advice...Thank You!!!

Good advice. Thanks to both of you.

I just started using Microsoft Money do you think that is any good? I also have access to quickbooks and could set myself up an account on that.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

meganm0420 wrote:
Good advice. Thanks to both of you.

I just started using Microsoft Money do you think that is any good? I also have access to quickbooks and could set myself up an account on that.

Micro Money is a good program.  My ex-roommate used it.  Didn't seem to help him since he never paid his bills on time...but it is quality software.  I just write stuff on random sheets of paper...that's working out...so far.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I'm using the money that I just started on, I have a monthly bill sheet I save in word and print out for both me and the bf and pin on my cork board so I will always see when our bills are due. When paid I write the date paid, amount, check number or conf# if paid online. I also have files for every creditor where I am keeping statements and printing out the print out of the payment confirmation. I'm also finding myself logging into all of these accounts too much and just looking or making a payment. I'm becoming obsessed, but compared to how I was prior I can live w/ obsessed.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

meganm0420 wrote:
Well I'm using the money that I just started on, I have a monthly bill sheet I save in word and print out for both me and the bf and pin on my cork board so I will always see when our bills are due. When paid I write the date paid, amount, check number or conf# if paid online. I also have files for every creditor where I am keeping statements and printing out the print out of the payment confirmation. I'm also finding myself logging into all of these accounts too much and just looking or making a payment. I'm becoming obsessed, but compared to how I was prior I can live w/ obsessed.

I'm obsessed, but to me it is much better and feels better than not caring....
Message 14 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
The single most important thing that keeps making my score jump (up another 26 points since last post!!!) is the paying down of the debt. I have a new view about credit cards.....evil evil evil. Of course I will keep them open forever and use them once in awhile for small purchases but I will NEVER buy things on them I can't afford. It just hurts you in the long run. Life is so much less stressful and easier when you feel in control on your finances.

My kids have heard me preach this so much: money is a great servant, but a terrible master. Substitute "credit" for "money" --same thing.

Congrats on the great turn-around, and law school graduation!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTGGGGGGGGG     you should have no problems getting a mortgage when you are ready.
Your scores will keep going up from now on!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.