Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Progress

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Progress

Hey, I have only posted here a couple times, but have been reading for a very long time.   I dont know how to express my gratitude to you guys here.  I am so happy for once in my life to have good credit.  When I first came here my credit was in the 400's.  It is now 596-675.  Its all because some strangers that I have never met or even talked to cared enough to share thier knowledge.  I really appreciate it and want to say Thank You from the heart.

I have cleaned my credit report down to 3 baddies and have tried everything to get these three off with no luck.  I have come to ask for help one more time (hopefully).

Public records
Child support $756
due off 12/08
I use to owe some back child support, but since November of last year it has been paid in full.  I have disputed this online and in writing many times with no luck.  I also called my case worker and she told me to just dipute it and it would come off since it was paid in full.  Any suggestions?

UHEAA
School loan
paid in full
This one I still dont understand.  I received a school loan orginally from Zions national bank.  I defaulted on the loan and from what I understand it went to UHEAA and then it went to NELNET.  The loan was also split in to 2 loans not sure why, but that put six school loans on my report.  Now I paid UHEAA in full and requested them to delete it.  They told me no.  I went online and found out some emails adress's of some of the loan officers and emailed all of them my story of why I didnt pay this in time, which was like 85 emails lol.  I got one reply back that said my request was accepted and that it would be deleted from my report.  Only one was deleted.  I then did the same with Zions bank and it was accepted and both were deleted from my report.  I had no luck at all with NELNET, so now I only have the one UHEAA and two from NELNET, all showing paid in full.  Im not sure what my next step would be? any suggestions? They are due to drop off at the end of the year, but I am so close to being able to buy a house that I would hate to have to wait another year.

My last one is from a collection agency for a phone bill from about four years ago for $43.  I disputed it many times with no luck, so I requested a pay for delete by mail.   I was told that they didnt do this.  I gave them a call and kind of got the run around so I told them that this phone call was being recorded (it wasnt).  She right away became very professional and told me to hold that she would get a manager.  The manager was very nice and told me she would have it deleted if I paid over the phone.  I asked for this in writing and she told they didnt do this, but to not worry about it cuz they would have it deleted.  Now my question is, Do I trust them and just pay? I dont see that I have any other options.  Its from AT&T.  Also its not a collection agency, its the collection department of southern new england phone which from what I understand is part of AT&T.

Any help would be appreciated as always.

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Great Progress

First off, congrats on the awesome progress.

Child support-Ask for MOV.

School loan-Not sure why you want this off unless it's showing lates. If it's not showing lates and is showing paid in full, it's most likely helping your score.

Collection-Personally I wouldn't send money unless I had the PFD in writing. Have you tried going around the collections department to someone higher up?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

School loan-Not sure why you want this off unless it's showing lates. If it's not showing lates and is showing paid in full, it's most likely helping your score.

This school loan is very old, UHEAA is a collection agency, NELNET is a collection agency, 

Collection-Personally I wouldn't send money unless I had the PFD in writing. Have you tried going around the collections department to someone higher up?

The highest that I have been able to get hold of is the manager of the collections department.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

/bump
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't realize the school loan was with a CA. I would check the way it's reporting and see if there's anything you can dispute on it. It might get deleted.

For the collection, if the manager won't work with you, go higher. If you don't mind sharing what collection agency it is, someone might know who you need to get ahold of.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.