Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess What?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess What?

I talked with a guy from TU today and he said that deletes can sometimes cause our scores to go down.  I had three deletes.  One was a good TL and according to TU when they called them to dispute the wording included in the TL they told them to just delete it.  I never had a problem paying these people and when it was deleted, my score dropped.  So deletes do affect your score, it just depends on the kind of delete that it was.  This was a TL that was pretty good and because the company was too lazy to change the wording to say account transferred/sold to another company, they decided to delete it.  I am way passed pissed off....  Can I call them to get that delete reinstated?  Will it help my score?  Also, in checking with TU an account that was part of my bankrupty dropped off this month because the rep couldn't find it when I asked what day would it come off, but found it listed again on my report by another company.  I disputed it right away because that account is the exact same account that was discharged in  my bankruptcy, so now it looks like a new collection.
Do you think that this will get corrected?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guess What?

What was your dispute reason?

myhearts07 wrote:
I talked with a guy from TU today and he said that deletes can sometimes cause our scores to go down.  I had three deletes.  One was a good TL and according to TU when they called them to dispute the wording included in the TL they told them to just delete it.  I never had a problem paying these people and when it was deleted, my score dropped.  So deletes do affect your score, it just depends on the kind of delete that it was.  This was a TL that was pretty good and because the company was too lazy to change the wording to say account transferred/sold to another company, they decided to delete it.  I am way passed pissed off....  Can I call them to get that delete reinstated?  Will it help my score?  Also, in checking with TU an account that was part of my bankrupty dropped off this month because the rep couldn't find it when I asked what day would it come off, but found it listed again on my report by another company.  I disputed it right away because that account is the exact same account that was discharged in  my bankruptcy, so now it looks like a new collection.
Do you think that this will get corrected?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.