Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HARD INQUIRY FROM TRANSUNION ALERT

tag
JLAW723
Established Member

HARD INQUIRY FROM TRANSUNION ALERT

I had an alert today from myfico score watch that there was a hard inquiry from WASHINGTON FED SVGS/PUYA, through transunion.  I called transunion, not knowing who the bank was, or what the inquiry was for.  They said they are not showing the inquiry so told me to call myfico. I did. Myfico is saying that Transunion did report it.  I called Transunion back and again they tell me there is nothing there.  Who is the bank? Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: HARD INQUIRY FROM TRANSUNION ALERT

Washington Federal in Puyallup, WA

Message 2 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@JLAW723 wrote:

Has this happened to anyone else?

I've seen a few other threads where people have stated that myFICO reported something that wasn't on the actual credit report.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever find out if this was valid? I just found the same exact inquiry on my report. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep us updated.. thats strange

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same inquiry today 6/4/2015. Transunion has made error before with something that was not there from a company I did not know. I think this is the case again. Anyway I am going to dispute the inquiry right away to be sure. I will update if I learn anything else.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - I went to dispute with Transunion and there was no such inquiry. I then called Transunion and they verified that no such inquiry was there. So this is an error on MyFico.com no other way to explain it. I had this happen to me with a CBNA account as well once a couple months back and same result. Nothing to worry about from what I can see simply My Fico making a mistake on accident. Hope this will help others.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time I get a TU alert, my tax lien that vanished three months ago shows in the list. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got this alert too...i should've had an inquiry on tu for the date it says but it was a toys r us (synchrony) inquiry

This has happened before with myfico reporting the incorrect name (chase reported as Farley state bank in April) but there has always been and actual entry associated with it

I'll keep an eye out to make sure nothing is fishy but I'm assuming sometimes myfico reports synchrony inquiries as WASHINGTON FED SVGS/PUYA just like sometimes they report chase as Farley state

I just out this on here in case anyone else finds it helpful when searching
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.