streamline

HELOC

My lender reports my HELOC as revolving credit.  These are maxed because I borrowed as 80/10 and always meant to use the $ just like a 2nd Mortgage. The credit agencies report that I have zero balances on about $30,000 of credit card limits, but my $68,000 of 2nd mortgage HELOCs make for excessive revolving debt.  Huh?  How do I change the way that is reported?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: HELOC

Ask the lender to report your HELOC as installment.
Regular Contributor
OneMortgageGuy

FYI... Heloc's report the same as a credit card. I have never seen a Heloc as a second report as a mortgage.
motherofthree

Can you explain why my HELOC is added to my mortgage balance by two of the CRA's?  It's not included with my revolving charges on my credit reports.   I'm new here so all explanations will be helpful.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+