cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! ANYBODY WITH DEALINGS WITH SHERMAN ACQUISITIONS!!!

tag
LADYBUSA
Valued Member

HELP! ANYBODY WITH DEALINGS WITH SHERMAN ACQUISITIONS!!!

I have gotten my credit clear of everything except one collection. It was a credit card bill that I had with Providian Financial back in 03. It went to court in 04 and I did nothing about it(dumb youth). I have been doing research on this bill and it was sold to Great Seneca which along with Providian is defunct. Sherman Acquisitions Financial now has it and it is in judgment/collection on my credit reports due to be taken off my credit in December 2010. This is the only bill that is holding me up from financial freedom. The only thing is that I cannot find any recent information on Sherman. There is plenty of information on them as a rip-offs and such on the internet but no information on them. What do I do? They have a website that list a single email address, but no physical address or phone number. I want this to go away. Help! Has anyone had dealings with this company. Waving the flag here!

Providian was supposed to be sold to WaMu which is now Chase. I called Chase since I have three accounts with them, but they have no clue as to where to go for advice/help.

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: HELP! ANYBODY WITH DEALINGS WITH SHERMAN ACQUISITIONS!!!

Sherman Acquisitions Financial contact information should be on your CR.

If not, I would contact the CRA that is reporting and ask them for the contact info.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 5
LADYBUSA
Valued Member

NO, IRONICALLY IT'S A LAW FIRM THAT CAN'T FIND THE FILE.

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't this the same issue you posted about on the "Rebuilding" forum?

Message 4 of 5
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Locking this thread and redirecting to a substantially identical thread, to which you have received several replies.  Please refrain from cross-posting on multiple boards.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/HELP-OLD-CC-COLLECTION-DEBT-RIPOFF-SCAM/m-p/6...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.