cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!Afani and Experian Just Keep Kicking Me Down With Fraud!!!

tag
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP!!Afani and Experian Just Keep Kicking Me Down With Fraud!!!

The DV example is in its own thread in the 'Frequently Requested Thread' sticky at the top of this forum.  DVs only go to the CA... so you will prepare this for AFNI and send it to them CMRRR.  You do not sign your name, only type it in as part of the letter.  Normally you would want to do this before you begin disputing with the CRAs.

If the debt is still with the OC, Sprint, and within collecting SOL... and if it is valid and you wish you pay, you can request documentation on the account from them.  That is its own seperate issue and I would deal with AFNI first.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 11 of 19
blackswan22
New Contributor

If I have a bill showing the date this account was closed can I send that to the credit bureaus as proof?

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 19
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

blackswan22 wrote:
If I have a bill showing the date this account was closed can I send that to the credit bureaus as proof?

Dealing with what is reporting on your CRAs and what a CA is claiming you owe are 2 different issues.  Both need to be addressed.

You need to DV AFNI and not speak with them on the phone.  Apparently they are already playing dirty with you as it looks like they illegally re-aged a debt.  This is also why you need to get in all of those complaints I mentioned.

As far as removing the items from your CBRs, if it is currently under dispute I don't think sending additional documentation will help.  Had you sent it with the dispute I don't know to what degree it would have helped.  Normally, if the CA cannot validate the debt you would send the documentation to the CRA to request the TL removals.  That's another reason why you need to get in the DV sooner rather than later.

If the debt is not valid and the CRAs do not remove, you will then MOV, but hopefully by that time you will be awaiting the end of the 30 days in which AFNI will not validate the debt, and instead will send the CRAs that documentation.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 13 of 19
blackswan22
New Contributor

Her is what I sent to Afni today CMRRR

My name and contact info

1-4-2008

USPS Certified Mail #

Afni, Inc. Account #: xxxxxx

Creditor Account #: xxxxxxxx

You claim I owe you a debt. In accordance with FDCPA, send me validation of this debt.  You have thirty (30) days to send me validation WHICH MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

1. Last Date of Activity for this account
  2. The Amount of the debt
  3. The creditor name and address
  4. Account number related to this debt

If you fail to include ALL of the above requested information  NOT JUST A LETTER STATING THIS DEBT HAS BEEN VERIFIED Afni, Inc will be in violation of FDCPA.

You are sending the wrong information to the credit bureaus.

This account Last date of Activity with Sprint was 2-22-2001. Per Andrew in the finance depart of sprint his employee # or extension is 213437.   THIS INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE UPDATED TO REFLECT THE 2-22-2001 DATE. YOU HAVE 30 (thirty) DAYS to Do so or further action will be taken and the FTC and BBB will be contacted along with legal action for fraud since you are attempting to re-age this account which is against the law.

Yours truly,

My name

Message Edited by blackswan22 on 01-04-2008 09:08 AM

Message 14 of 19
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

If you have not sent that DV yet, you need to take out that ITSish last paragraph referencing acknowledgement of the account.  This may be for a completely different, erroneous account.  You do not offer any info like that on a DV, the burden of proof is on them. 
Message 15 of 19
blackswan22
New Contributor

This account is in fact mine. I just want them to put the correct information on my credit report. It should read the date 2-22-2001. It drops off my reports next month and the sol has passed years ago.

Message 16 of 19
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

blackswan22 wrote:
This account is in fact mine. I just want them to put the correct information on my credit report. It should read the date 2-22-2001. It drops off my reports next month and the sol has passed years ago.

Understood, but this is AFNI you are dealing with.  Hopefully they will just wipe everything due to the incorrect reporting.  Asking them to actually report something (even if it is correct) is just opening up a can of worms when dealing with a CA IMHO.
Message 17 of 19
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@blackswan22 wrote:

Swan:

I agree with SC. My DM had an AFNI problem that persisted similarly to yours for years, until I found this forum and within the past week...off came AFNI, because of the DV.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Message 18 of 19
blackswan22
New Contributor

Yes, I sent it today cmrr so now Im just going to wait

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.