Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Hate equifax they won't remove fraud accounts like other bureaus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP - Hate equifax they won't remove fraud accounts like other bureaus

I noticed 2 fraud accounts in my Report. I submitted a request to have them black . Exp and transunion blocked the accounts within 2 weeks however Equifax is still investigation and not helping at all even though i Provided Valid proofs, police report, Affidavit, letters, Even an FBI case.  What do you guys suggest? Can anybody PM the EO email contact? Equifax is seriously ridiculous.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP - Hate equifax they won't remove fraud accounts like other bureaus

I'd file a complaint with the BBB and/or CFPB.  Doing so will usually get the to rectify whatever the issue is quickly, within a week from what I've seen.  You can upload all of your supporting documentation online when you file a complaint.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HELP - Hate equifax they won't remove fraud accounts like other bureaus

If you have provided all of the items required under FCRA 605B (police report, proof of identity, and statement (such as an FTC affidavit), then the CRA is required to block the information identified as having resulted from an assertion of identity theft from your credit report..

Did the CRA provide a reason for their denail?

I would file a formal complaint with the CFPB or file a civil action for their violation of FCRA 605B.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.