Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP, I JUST GOT CAUGHT!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP, I JUST GOT CAUGHT!

PLEASE HELP!  I was trying so hard to fly under the radar of this ca because I owe 6,000 dollars on a credit card.  I haven't disputed them because I wasn't ready to wake a sleeping giant, but they just called me out of the blue.  I don't mind send a PFD but I can't give them 6000 dollars right now, I would need to work out a payment plan. Has anyone had success with a PFD on a payment plan?  Is it even possible????
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP, I JUST GOT CAUGHT!

Sorry just flipping out a little here, should I try and contact the oc BEFORE I make contact again with the ca?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your states SOL? I would start there
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

mine is 4 yrs and its not up yet.  I wrote a PFD letter right after the phn call but should I send it to the ca or try and call the oc.  It was just sold around march of this year to the ca

Message Edited by nfg on 10-11-2007 05:34 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, it's my husbands account and he semi-admitted he owed the money.  Yes, I smacked him upside the head when he got homeSmiley Wink but now who do I write the PFD letter to?  The ca is the one that called him. 

Message Edited by nfg on 10-11-2007 06:02 PM
Message 5 of 7
Takunda1
Established Contributor

If you are going to do a PFD make sure you have the funds available because if they agree I'm sure they'll give you 30days to comply.  If you are not ready to pay I'd ignore them till you are ready to pay or when an attorney begins to call you then contact them.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before you agree to pay them anything make sure they are legally collecting. Did you have any account with them? Probably not. Don't just agree to send them money on a PFD. Stay off the phone. Send them a DV letter. Make sure they bought the account legally and they are able to collect in your state. Make sure they can prove it is indeed your account.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.