cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP I'M CONFUSED AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP I'M CONFUSED AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Ok first I want to start off saying ohhh how I value everyone's opinion on here and how I love this site. Thank you so much for the info.

Ok to the issue at hand...

A few yrs ago (5 to be exact) my sister needed a car. She had no credit, no money, and just started a job that she couldn't get to (without me taking her), so I really needed her to have a car also. I am sure you know what I am about to say, I had to get a car for her in my name because she couldn't. I know I know I know I know, do not co-sign or let anyone use your credit--trust me it will not happen again!(And kids don't try this at home!!!)

I am the primary signer on the account and she a joint account holder.

My sister lost her job last yr and decided to just not make payments and then when she did make the payments they were late, without telling anyone. Of course, I had no knowledge of this until household bank finally decided to get my REAL information and not what she was telling them. I got the matter taken care of at the time (without a repo).

Now to my question. My CR's are showing 5 30-days and 1 60-day, from 12 months ago. What actions should I take? Should I start by calling the credit dept and if that does not work,  GW them. If those two don't work, what it completely hurt me more if I try to have this completely removed from my CR'S?
Sorry for all of the questions I need a plan, as I have not done anything with this account yet and I don't want to go in blind or the wrong way.

Oh BTW the account has been paid for and closed since  Nov 07.

Sorry for the winded post, I just needed to fully explain the situation.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP I'M CONFUSED AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Start with a GW letter.

If unsuccessful move it up the chain of command over at HSBC.

http://www.hsbcusa.com/ourcompany/leadership/leadership_hsbc_finance.html
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Tim.
So you do not think I should call first?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh geesh that is a long chain but I guess I better prepare myself by making a template!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try-
It is difficult (in my experience) to find someone who has that type of power on the phone.

YMMV-

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you Tim.
So you do not think I should call first?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah and that is just the HSBC Finance in the US.

HUGE company - expect alot of bureaucracy.

John J. Haines
Managing Director - Auto Finance
John.Haines@us.hsbc.com is probable email

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh geesh that is a long chain but I guess I better prepare myself by making a template!

Message Edited by Timothy on 11-05-2007 08:12 AM
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks!!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just e-mailed GW to HSBC Auto finance with e-mail addresses I have compiled from various names of people I have found listed here on myFICO and from links here.  So far the following have not been returned as bad e-mail addresses.  We'll see how it goes...

Edit: We can no longer publish full names of contacts for privacy reasons.  Thank you for your understanding.

Message Edited by ByrdMan on 11-22-2008 08:35 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.