Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! MY SCORE KEEPS GOING DOWN!

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

HELP!! MY SCORE KEEPS GOING DOWN!

I pulled my credit report and disputed the collections on my account and now the CA's are updating my report as still unpaid and taking 20 points each time they do it.  This is so fustrating.  If I dont pay they keep reporting me.  ANY ADVICE??  should i pay them???Smiley Sad
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!! MY SCORE KEEPS GOING DOWN!

glamchick,
               kinda new to this credit game myself , but maybe able to help you or put you on the right track. if you have any unpaid collection accounts dv them and if they validate pfd them, once you have paid off accounts , without any written proof that they will remove from credit report your pretty much toast,although you can try good will letters. 
                i found out the hard way,too.but still have some accounts i can clear up going with dv's and pfd's.

Message Edited by giterdone on 01-10-2008 08:37 AM
Message 2 of 9
cobra19
Valued Contributor

CA's do not take 20 points off your CR. There is something else going on there. Who are the OC's?

I would dispute - and use the reason as inaccurate or incomplete information.

Are you getting your scores from MyFico.com? Those are the ONLY numbers you should pay attention to. Scores from other sources are not worth the paper you print them on.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 9
glamchick
Established Contributor

I have tried and tried to get them to delete if I pay them in full and they say "NO ITS AGAINST THERE POLICIES"  Smiley Sad 

Do you think if i write a letter its more of a chance?  I tried by phone w/managers?  I have to act fast before they report me again.
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 4 of 9
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thats what happened to begin with I disputed them and I guess it woke them up and now its says Im passed due -20 pts
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 5 of 9
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Yes, PFD should be in writing. You will never get anywhere talking to a CA. But don't expect a prompt reply. I have had success emailing - google them, get their web site and try to locate email addresses.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 6 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Make the most recent verbal communication with the CA your last.  Deal with them in writing only. 

What is disputed and what are the SOL and CRTP dates? 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 7 of 9
glamchick
Established Contributor

I disputed that it wasnt mine... the SOL is 3 years for Maryland and the dates of this account is from 2001 verizon and when AFNI purchased this account it now says DOS 8/2007  date opened 12/2006.  it says scheduled to remove from my account 2010.
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 8 of 9
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

I would contact Verizon and get information regarding your account in writing. B/c if you have record of when the account first when delinquent and the DOLA, then you can submit to the CRA and or the CA to get them to report accurate info. Or better yet, send the CA a nutcase violation letter indicating that they are in violation of the FCRA because they're reporting inaccurate information.

The key is to get the most accurate info from Verizon.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.