cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - NCO GROUP SNIFFED MY TRANSUNION REPORT TODAY!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP - NCO GROUP SNIFFED MY TRANSUNION REPORT TODAY!!!!

I have worked so hard to clean all the baddies off my credit reports. My TU Fico is currently 681 and I have been working hard to break the 700 ceiling within the next few months.

I pulled my True Credit report tonight and noticed a HARD inquiry from NCO Group. I have no idea why they are sniffing my report other than I had a collection account from NCO-Medclear deleted from all 3 of my reports back in late August due to them not validating the "so called" $315 debt.

What do I do??? They are not reporting anything to TU - yet, so I can't try the online dispute. Should I send a letter to NCO Group and fax a copy to TU to inquire as to how they have a permissible pull since I never applied for any credit with them.

Sorry for rambling, but I am at my wits end at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer me.

Cathy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP - NCO GROUP SNIFFED MY TRANSUNION REPORT TODAY!!!!

Cathy, you might want to pull your Transunion CR to see if anything has popped up on it, without you knowing it.

Hang in there. At the least you could, dispute as a non-permissible purpose.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

After I saw it on True Credit , I went and pulled my actual TU report. Right now it is just showing as a hard inquiry. I want to get rid of this before they try and report any negatives to my report and then I have to go through the whole dispute process.

Should I just send them a letter inquiring what their PP was??
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO pulled mine in July on TU and never did report anything on CR.  Looks like they place hard inquiries before or without sending letters.  Based on other reads & boards, they seem to be doing this w/TU the most. 

I'm sending disputes to both NCO and TU.  If I don't get results, I'm filing complaint/suit.

Read pages 8-10 of Pintos vs Pacific Creditors Association - Case No. 04-17485 (ninth circuit court) .... seems to be similar situation....pulling reports even though there is no credit transaction involved or authorization.

Message Edited by dwarfess on 11-08-2007 05:56 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - they actually did a "soft" pull back in April 2007. I never received anything in the mail or any phone calls even at my home. When I checked my free annual report in August 2007, I noticed that they placed a collection account on my report in May 2007. This was within 30 days of the original inquiry and I was not given my 30 days to validate with them as is required under the law. It was listed as a "factoring company". I immediatly disputed the account as not mine using the TU online dispute option - and TU deleted the account from my report. The charges BTW were not mine as I never did anything with the creditor they had listed - so it may have been a reaged junk debt purchase.

That is why I think this if for the account that was deleted. NCO has so many subsidiaries, I am afraid they may try to reinsert the account under a different name with possibly a different account number. I am hoping by sending the letter regarding the inquiry today - I am putting them on notice by requesting validation that they back off from their unlawful actions. You would think with the reputation they have and the fines they have been hit with - they would somehow educate their employees to follow the laws.

Good luck with your quest against NCO - I will post how mine turns out.

Message Edited by Watson1225 on 11-08-2007 07:05 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.