Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Need a lot of advice!! CAUTION EXTREMLY LONG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP!! Need a lot of advice!! CAUTION EXTREMLY LONG

Okay so my dear mother (DM lol) found out about dh and I fixing our credit and wanted to know how to fix hers. I told her it was pretty simple and how myfico has pretty much all you need but I had no idea how bad her credit actually is. My dm and stepfather are in the middle of a separation right now (still living together but not in the same room) and apparently he has been telling her stuff is getting paid and it isn't... It has totally messed up her credit. She called care one about a year ago and has some of the cc consolidated/fixed. She thought that everything was taken care off but it turns out it was a whole lot worse than either of us thought.. She needs to get it back in shape before acquiring the divorce. Okay so here's what were are looking at. . .

So we pulled her experian report.

Score= 479

Credit History= 11 years
4,078 Past Due= Mortgage that is currently 120 days late and she had no clue until now
63 late payments on total accounts
3 collections
1 debt about to go into collections

Most of the late payments occured between 11/2006 and 3/2007 (that's when she called care one) Since then, all of her CC payments are on time and being paid. She has a total of 4 cc left to pay off which still leaves all of the lates on her cr. planning on GW'n these to see if I can have any of them removed. I'm in the process of writing these- Dell, Chadwicks, Old Navy, Victoria Secret, Chase, Cap1, & Sears. If only one or two companies remove them, that's a start.

Next,
She has 3 collections. (2 medical- one of which my stepfather told her he paid a year ago and she didn't know it was on her cr) ALL ARE WITHIN SOL
1st medical- Business Revenue System $159.00 (supposed to be paid) DOD= 11/27/06. I was going to DV this debt just in case it has been paid and their records are wrong.
2nd medical-Medicol Collections 690.00 (1/2005) Going to DV just in case and then offer a pfd for 1/2.

3rd Collection for phone bill-Nationwide Credit Inc. This one is tricky... The OC is to BELLSOUTH. She has been making payments to Bellsouth through Care One. She received a letter in the mail from the CA last month stating that she has agreed to pay $39 a month and it is past due. She has only agreed with CareOne/BellSouth to pay 20.00 a month toward the balance directly to Bellsouth not the CA. She never talked to the CA and never agreed to pay anything to them only to Bellsouth. So should I DV the CA??

Okay and now building her credit... She has 1 open credit card as all the other have been closed due to the DMP. She should have all of her past ccs down to a 0 balance but they will be closed so she will have no cl or no possible way to cli/reopen these accounts. (I've tried with victoria secret since its been paid in full-declined waiting on letter to see why-they did a soft pull) How can we go about building her credit??!? Her current cc is a rebuilder crap 1 opened in 2006 with a 500cl for some crazy reason this account is in PERFECT standing- no lates... just a 445 balance which she is planning on paying 200 this month. The only thing I can think of, is for her to suck up to crap1 and get a cli after she pays it down. She had it for 18 months now. The only problem I see is her past Cap1 card that is currently @ 0 balance/closed by creditor/ and has 10 lates.

Btw, no inquiries no new accounts

Is there any hope for her credit? Any one have ANY suggestions. I took on a huge project and I need help to help my mom.

I know this is super long but thanks in advance for taking the time to help out.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!! Need a lot of advice!! CAUTION EXTREMLY LONG

Right now your number one priority is getting the mortgage caught up and seeing if you can get the mortgage company to remove the lates and bring the account current.

The DMP made a bad move (FICO score-wise) when it closed all her cards.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the HIPAA program (google whychat hipaa) for the medical ones.

Complete the DMP

I'm suprised that she didn't know about the mortgage (no letter or anything from the lender?).  This will hurt bad if it goes to foreclosure.  Can she get it current?

She can get either a secured card or one of the rebuilder cards to get her on her way again.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a note on the cr stating that lender has agreed to accept partial payments. so i'm guessing my stepdad has talked with them. She is going to try to refinance the home after the divorce into only her name AND after we straighten this mess out. If not, she's going to sale it.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
The DMP made a bad move (FICO score-wise) when it closed all her cards.

Some of them (like CCCS) require you to cut 'em all up and shut 'em down if you go on a DMP.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea they are all closed. Except Victoria Secrets it just have a 0 dollar cl. haha. So its technically not closed she just doesn't have a cl. weird. But I tried to get a cli with a soft pull and the lady was unable to.

Got the hipaa link. thanks i will def use that one for the med ones.

Message Edited by AlishaR on 01-11-2008 08:58 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.