cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ON COLLECTION ACCOUNTS

tag
CRecovery

HELP ON COLLECTION ACCOUNTS

Ok, so I got all three cr's and FICO's. I have a total of 5 accounts in collections - they are all mine - one I had agreed to a lesser amount to be PIF - but now someone else is trying to collect. So - What is the proper way to attack these? Should I DV them anyway just to see if they will drop off? Or should I do some sort of letter to them and offer to pay a reduced amount for PFD?

Thanks for any assistance.

3/5/08 EQ 539, TU 520, EX 493
Leona

Long Road to Recovery - It will be worth it in the end!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
acadia11
Valued Member

Re: HELP ON COLLECTION ACCOUNTS

DV first, but only offer PFD if you are going to pay. What's the point of paying if they won't remove it from your account. Paying in full won't help you that much until a couple of years have passed since you paid. Also, how old are the accounts?
Message 2 of 3
CRecovery

Re: HELP ON COLLECTION ACCOUNTS

@acadia11 wrote:
DV first, but only offer PFD if you are going to pay. What's the point of paying if they won't remove it from your account. Paying in full won't help you that much until a couple of years have passed since you paid. Also, how old are the accounts?

acadia11,
three of them are from 2007, two from 2008. The last one first original was 2003 now 2008, it is one that they agreed to take less than PIF to be considered PIF, the small difference is what the new collector is trying to collect.

Is there a good DV letter listed on here?
Thanks for the info!
Leona
Leona

Long Road to Recovery - It will be worth it in the end!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.